Who should buy a Full Convention Badge?
EVERYONE! AFOLs (Adult Fans of LEGO) and TFOLs (Teen Fans of LEGO) that want to spend the weekend as part of a large family of LEGO loving people. This is a great opportunity to share your MOCs (My Own Creations), learn new building techniques, and make new friends. And, parents/guardians of anyone under 18 as they are required to have an adult escort.
What does a Full Convention Badge include?
- Access to the mixer if one is held (Wednesday evening)
- Access to opening ceremonies (Thursday evening)
- Access to workshops – Prior sign up Required for some
- Access to presentations – NO Additional Sign Up Required
- Access to event hall (Wednesday – Sunday) when it is open
- Access to Kidsworld kids event
- Access to World of Lights
- Eligible to participate in competitions
- Eligible to participate in games
- Eligible to participate in set drafts
- Access to the garage sale (Saturday)
- Access to closing ceremonies (Sunday)
- Brickworld commemorative brick
- Brickworld printed badge and lanyard
- Option to purchase preorder merchandise (while supplies last)
- Engraved name badge (Preorder Item only)
- Brickworld polo shirt (Preorder item only)
- Brickworld t-shirt (Preorder item only)
- Exclusive Event Set (limited quantity)
- Access to charity fundraiser activities
- Eligible to display MOCs (individual) – Must Request Display Space
- Eligible to display MOCs (collaborative) – Collaboration Leader Must Request Display Space
- Eligible for Brickworld Awards
- Opportunity to purchase the Brickworld Goody Bag (while supplies last). Goody bag value including door prizes can exceed $300. Average goody bag value with door prizes is estimated to be >$45. Goody bags include:
- Exclusive, limited run annual minifigure
- Sponsor giveaways
- Brickworld giveaways
- Entry into door prize drawings (must be present to win)
When & Where do I pick up my Badge and pre-order merchandise?
You can pick them up at the check in booth in front of the convention hall. Prior to the event, we will post the hours that the booth will be open.
Who Can Display Their MOCs (My Own Creations)?
Full Convention Badge attendees are eligible to display their creations. There is NO extra charge to display your creations, but you MUST be Full Convention Badge attendee to have an individual display. You can participate in existing collaborations as a Late Convention Badge attendee.
Do I have to Request Table Space for my MOCs?
Yes. Requesting table space for your MOCs is different than purchasing your badge for the convention. This is where you request the actual tables/space needed to display your creations. You cannot display your MOCs without requesting table space (unless they are in a registered collaboration). You can request table space via your My Page once you have purchased your Full Convention Badge for the event.
Is there an Extra Charge to Request Table Space for my MOCs?
No, MOC Table Space Registration is included in the cost of your Full Convention Badge.
How big are the Tables and how Many can I get?
Tables are 8 feet long by 30 inches wide. Theoretically there is no limit to the number of tables you can use for displaying. But, we do try to make sure there is room for anyone that wants to display. So, please do not use more space than you need. The more space you request, the more likely it is that there will be questions. Conversion: 8 ft x 30 inches is 304 studs x 96 studs. Or, in 48 stud base plates it is 6 1/3 x 2. Or, in 32 stud base plates it is 9 1/2 x 3.
How do I Request Table Space for my MOCs?
You request table space by going to your My Page and entering your display information. If the layout coordinators have questions or requests, you will receive an email.
What is the Deadline to Request Table Space for my MOCs?
The LAST day to request table space for your MOCs is shown on the Important Dates and Deadlines page.
Is MOC Card Registration different than Table Space Registration?
Yes, MOC Cards Registration is when you request MOC Cards for your display. The MOC Card gives the name of your creation and the creators name. A MOC Card is required in order for your MOC to be eligible for awards.
How do I Register for MOC Cards?
You simply enter information on your My Page.
What is the Deadline to Request MOC Cards?
The LAST day to request MOC Cards is shown on the Important Dates and Deadlines page.
What can I Display at Brickworld
You may display creations that are built from LEGO bricks. They should be things you created, not boxed sets. All visible parts of the display should be made of LEGO parts (lighting, printed tiles, stickers, customized figures, and minifigure accessories are exceptions)
When can I Set up and Take down my Display?
Displays can be set up after the hall opens for display setup Wednesday. Displays MUST be set up no later than 8 a.m. Saturday and CANNOT be taken down until 3 p.m. Sunday (please do not begin tear down of your display until public hours end on Sunday afternoon). If you cannot meet these requirements, then please contact us before the display space registration deadline or as soon as you know you have a conflict to discuss alternatives for your display.
Where & When Do I Unload?
Displays should be brought in through the loading dock behind the convention center as designated by the Dock Master at the show. We will set up blocks of time when you may unload on Wednesday and Thursday. These times will be posted prior to the event. Please bring your own carts to move your items if possible, there are a limited number of carts available for your use from the convention center. Carts may NOT be taken through the carpeted areas of the convention center or hotel.
What is a Collaborative Display?
A collaborative display is when several people contribute individual MOC(s) to create one larger display. For Brickworld open collaborations there are guidelines for these posted on the website. We encourage everyone to participate in collaborative displays, as it is a wonderful way to meet new people and learn from others.
If I am part of a collaborative Display or a Group Display, do I need to Reserve Table Space?
Only the person that is in charge of the collaborative or group display should reserve table space for the entire display. You should only request table space for MOCs that are NOT part of a collaborative or group display (unless you are coordinating the collaborative or group display). For example, lets say David is bringing the following MOCs
- 3 MOCs that will be part of the Castle Collaboration
- 4 MOCs that will be part of the a group display that his friend, Kevin, is organizing
- 6 MOCs that he will be displaying by himself
So, David only needs to reserve table space for the 6 MOCs that he will be displaying by himself. The Castle Coordinator will reserve table space for the Castle Collaboration, and his friend, Kevin, should reserve table space for the group display. David should, however, communicate with both the Castle Coordinator and Kevin to let them know how much space he will need as part of their displays.