The Brickworld Cinema Team is excited to announce the ninth annual Brickworld Film Festival! The event theme for Brickworld Chicago 2020 is “Bridges” and we’re excited to see how directors will adapt the theme literally or metaphorically. Contestants will be eligible to win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes, in addition to an attendee only prize! We are once again proudly sponsored by minifigs.me and are excited to get more phonetic heads out to brickfilmers!
While attending Brickworld Chicago isn’t required to enter the contest, we highly recommend it. In addition to the film festival, we will be running a LEGO animation workshop, screening a special film, showcasing models from our latest animations, and generally hanging out and talking about LEGO.
All eligible films will screen continuously in the Brickfilm Theater for the duration of Brickworld Chicago. The attendees of Brickworld Chicago will vote on the films to decide the winners.
- Your film should use LEGO elements to tell a story. It can be animated or live action, or a combination of the two.
- Your film must be longer than 30 seconds and shorter than 5 minutes in length.
- Your film must not have been submitted to any previous Brickworld Film Festival.
- Your film does not need to incorporate the “Bridges” theme. But it is highly encouraged.
- Anyone can enter a film in the festival, but you must be a Registrant of Brickworld Chicago to be eligible for the “Best Film” Trophy.
- Films should be enjoyable by all ages. Film content such as (but not limited to) curse words/swearing, excessive violence, sexual content, and drug use will be grounds for disqualification.
- By entering your film for consideration, you attest that you hold all rights to exhibit the given work. This includes (but is not limited to) visuals, music, and characters. Unlicensed use of copyrighted material is not allowed.
- By submitting your film, the Brickworld Film Festival is granted the right to use and/or publish clips or the full videos, screenshots, director and crew names, and any other material related to an entry in the event program, the Brickworld Film Festival screening, the Brickworld website, re-screenings at future Brickworld events, and for any and all promotional purposes.
- Limit one (1) entry per director.
- To submit, fill in the entry form (which includes an upload link for your film) by June 12th, 2020.
- There will be two winners of the festival
- Best of Brickworld Chicago – a Brickworld “Best Film” trophy and the attendee prize will be awarded to the film submitted by a Brickworld Chicago Registrant that receives the most votes from the audience at Brickworld Chicago.
- Best of Brickworld International – a Brickworld “Best Film” trophy and the 1st place prize pack will be awarded to the film that receives the most votes from the audience at Brickworld Chicago.
- Runner-ups – The films that receive the 2nd and 3rd most votes for the international category will receive the 2nd place prize and 3rd place prize, respectively.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com. We look forward to seeing your films!
Prizes donated by minifigs.me.