Every year, we have a theme for Brickworld Chicago. In 2017 that theme is:
Lights, Camera, Bricks!
We hope that this theme provides some very broad reaching opportunities to create inspiring displays unique to the event. It is never too early to start planning and building for the next Brickworld event.
The announcement of the theme also means the event kit contest is on! The time frame to develop a kit is short. We would like all submissions by the end of July.
Rules for the event kit contest:
- 150 parts maximum (if you go over by a few parts we won’t just DQ the submission. This limit is about cost control. So, if you don’t have big/expensive parts in your build, then you can probably go up to 175 parts like this year’s kit)
- Absolutely no licensed mini figures are allowed
- Kit should adhere to the theme in some way
- Live model desired with correct colors. LDD or LDraw model pictures are acceptable. If your model is not built of correct colors, then model pictures would be extremely useful
- Deadline for submission is Sunday, July 31st at midnight
- No Kragle allowed
- All parts (including the color of the part) must currently be in production at LEGO (if a part is in a current set, then it is a current part. You can use various sources like Bricklink and Brickset to help determine if a part is current)
- Submissions need to be made via email (bryan at brickworld dot com) and the subject line needs to be “2017 Event Kit – ” and the name of your kit
If you have questions, please submit them via the contact us form.