We hope that everyone is ready. This coming week will be busy, crazy fun for everyone!
Here is some information that we hope you find helpful:
- Official check-in times are shown below. These are the hours when the registration desk will definitely be open. Please plan to check in (and get your badges) during these times.
Wednesday, June 14, 1 – 7 PM
Thursday, June 15, 8 AM – 7:30 PM
Friday, June 16, 8 AM – 8 PM
- A photo ID will be required to check in. Only one person in your group will need to show their ID, and they will need to be 18 or older.
- Minors (those under 18) will ONLY be allowed to check in with their registered parent/guardian.
- You will receive your badge and goody bag (Full Registrants) at the Registration Desk, located outside the Exploration Hall. If you have MOC Cards or a merchandise order, you will receive those also.
- You are required to wear your printed Brickworld badge during all Brickworld activities…including Thursday & Friday. An engraved brick badge is not an acceptable form of ID for entrance to Brickworld activities. With nearly 1,000 convention attendees, the security personnel at the door can’t be expected to recognize all of your faces.
- The event schedule will be posted near the check in area, and it will be in your program. You can also see in on-line here and in visual form here.
- Hotel check-in is 4 PM if you are staying at the Renaissance.
- Wi-Fi is free in the hotel lobby.
- More hotel information is available here.
- Donation items for the fundraiser may be dropped off at the registration desk. Please print and complete the auction form. We appreciate all of your support for the charity fundraiser.
- Goody bags will be assembled in the foyer in front of Discovery/Exploration Hall Wednesday starting at 10 AM. We will also be putting table cloths on tables at the same time. Feel free to stop in and help or just say hello. The more, the merrier!!
- Thank you to everyone that has signed up to volunteer at the event online (there are still a few slots available here). We really appreciate your help! It is important that you show up for your volunteer spots and we trust that you will. So, you will receive your volunteer gifts when you check in for the show (kind of an honor system). This is simply a lot easier to do logistically.
- Awards judging begins at noon on Friday. So, if you want to make sure your creation is seen by the judges, be ready by noon Friday. If you are later, it might get missed. The judges do their best to look at everything.
If you missed the Logistics post last week, you can find it here. Anyone vending or displaying should definitely read the post. And, it wouldn’t hurt to read it even if you aren’t doing either of these things.
It is difficult to add this part: In today’s world, there is always the potential for bad things to happen in good places. We are all carrying in a lot of boxes, backpacks, etc. If you see someone that looks out of place, seek out Brickworld staff or hotel staff and inform them. And, remember our policy on theft. If you are caught pilfering at a vendor booth or anywhere else, you will be removed from the event immediately, banned from future Brickworld events, and possibly have the authorities contacted. Theft is not a huge issue. But it is a larger problem during non-public hours than during public hours. Please help watch over displays for any odd behavior.
We are looking forward to a wonderful event! We will see you next week!